header_newplain

Santee Concerts in the Park |theDALEYlife.|






























I was going to blog about our trip out to the Santee Summer Concert's in the Park today. About how it is nice to live in a community where people want to get together and enjoy each others company, listen to some live music, and enjoy local food. But today is one of those days in America where we get to experience the bad side of living in a free society. A day that we get reminded that evil is lurking among us and we never know when it is going to show its ugly head. It is also one of those days that watching my kids or looking at their pictures reminds me that we as humans are innately kind. That at one point in all of our lives we didn't know what stress was and our only fears were of shadows in the closet of our bedrooms and that safety was only a few steps away in mom and dads room. We were assured that monster's do not exist.  

There is something about watching kids that for a moment takes that feeling away from me. It allows me to let my guard down if only for a few moments....





No comments:

Post a Comment