header_newplain

San Diego 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk - A Thank You.


Thank you doesn't really cover the whole realm of appreciation I have towards all of my friends, family, and clients that donated towards my wife's goal of raising funds for breast cancer awareness and research via the Susan G. Komen Foundation and their 3 Day walk through San Diego over this past weekend.

There are times in life when life itself is put in perspective. When my wife first told me she wanted to participate in the 3 Day walk I was all for it. It is the reason I created the donation special for photo sessions earlier this year. I have been a part of fundraisers and donations before and I love being able to offer something I can do that will help someone else out. When the time for the walk finally came up there were a few things I was not prepared for. On Friday I took the kids down to cheer for their mom. We got out of the car at La Jolla Cove and the first one walked by me. A younger woman carrying a sign that simply said, "I miss you Mom" with a photo of her mother on it, a photo of a woman that didn't win her battle. Then an older gentleman walked by with his two sons. Each of them wearing the same shirt with the same photo and across the top of the shirt read "Walking in her shoes"

It then hit me. Sure the purpose of the 3 Day walk is to raise funds to cancer research and prevention. But what this weekend is to a lot of our fellow families in the community is a day to remember the moms and daughters and friends that are no longer with us due to this decease. Thousands of people come together to not only remember the ones that they lost, but also a celebration of their life. And while not one person can do everything to figure out an answer to the ugliness of cancer, this weekend proves that everyone can do something in order to prevent another family from losing someone they love. When it comes to a life. When it comes to your mother or your sister or your daughter, if 3,500 thousand people walking for 60 miles and raising $9 million dollars only saves one life.....isn't that worth it?

As long as something can be done, my wife and myself will be there year after year doing what we can to help those that need it. Look out for another donation special early in 2012 with a few extra special ideas thrown in there.

From myself and my wife, a tremendous thank you to everyone!














No comments:

Post a Comment