header_newplain

Mike Pinto Band ~ House of Blues San Diego, CA


I remember reading an interview with Dicky Barrett of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones when I was younger. Dicky being the outspoken front man he is said something that stuck with me and become my measuring stick on if I liked a band or not. He was saying that bands should sound like they do, or better than their albums, meaning if you can't pull it off live then why record it. One of the reasons I like the Mike Pinto Band as much as I do is because their live performance supersedes their recordings. And that isn't saying their recordings are bad (the production on their new EP The West is Still Wild is excellent)

That being said....there is something about feeling the bass rock your chest, feeling the drums rumble through the venue, the intricacies of the singers voice, no recording will ever triumph the live performance. (unless you like techno. Then you aren't a human being and this doesn't apply to you)

Below are some shots from their EP release party at the House of Blues in San Diego. A few shots are from backstage before they went on. People have a perception of what goes on before a band hits the stage and I think a lot people have the drug, sex rock n'roll mantra stuck in their head. When in reality these guys are doing scale warmups, going over the set list and the best pre-show pep talk I have heard from Mike himself.


These first two shots are from the opening bands Seedless and Shoreline Rootz. I just thought they were cool so I wanted to post them.

CLICK "READ MORE" BELOW TO SEE MORE PHOTOS























1 comment:

  1. The issue with prescription drugs is the several side-effects related to them. Although the consequence of the prescriptions may vary. As it doesn't have any side results nor it is produced out of heavy chemicals, it isn't mandatory to have a whole physician's prescription.

    Urgent Fungus Destroyer

    ReplyDelete