header_newplain

The Offspring | Sleep Train Amphitheater |


I got the chance to shoot The Offspring at Sleep Train Amphitheater last night. I have to admit, like most teenagers in the mid-90's,  The Offspring was one of my favorite bands. Like Green Day, they were clueless kids gateway band to artist we wouldn't have found on our own. Bands like Bad Religion, Pennywise, and the Vandals....who all also happened to be on this bill.

Yahoo! and LiveNation were streaming the show live, so they decided taping up the photo pit in half was a great idea. 12 photographers all had to stand within inches of each other to super far to the side of the stage. Stage lights are meant to light up the front of a show. Artist play to the front of the stage. Shooting from the side was super awesome...

One of the first big punk shows I went to was in 96 when The Offspring played my hometown of Springfield, IL with The Vandals and the LunaChicks. My impressionable fourteen year old mind soaked in a few mind blowing lessons that night. I learned punk rock can actually sound good live, punk chicks are intimidating, and I really wanted to do this shit too! Although the musician thing didn't work out, I had the time of my life trying, and I now I get to photograph these bands. Good
enough for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment