header_newplain

Chris + Melissa Downtown San Diego | Beach Engagement Session




Melissa and Chris. Melissa hit me up after seeing photos I took of her friend Kaitlin's engagement. Melissa wanted to do something that represented her and Chris, so we decided to shoot in areas of San Diego that meant something and was personal to them; downtown San Diego and the beach in Pacific Beach that is down the street from their home.

I am not a guy you would say is very fashion conscious, but when I saw the purple heels Melissa chose for the first part of their engagement session, I was like "YES!" those are going to look awesome in every photo. Photographing beautiful people (yes, Chris I called you beautiful) that really plan out their session makes being a photographer 10 times better than it already is.

We started the engagement session in downtown San Diego near PetCo Park. Whenever I am downtown, I try to scout out something new. San Diego probably has one of the best downtown areas for photograph. It's all new and fresh and modern. Near the new library, I happened to see this little "pallet park" in between two industrial looking buildings. I got out of the car and walked in and it felt as someone had just set this up for photography. ha. But it was fun and I recommend anyone taking photos downtown to check it out. From downtown we drove to PB. Chris and Melissa grabbed their bikes and met me at the beach where we ended the session. Out of all the nice days we have been having in San Diego, this was the ONE day that an overcast came out of no where. Honestly, despite not getting to do any sun glare type photos, I kind of like it better. With the overcast you get some really cool even blue tones that work great with water reflections in the wet sand. Plus...Melissa rocked this canary yellow dress that contrasted the blues so well.

below are some images from their downtown San Diego and Pacific beach engagement session.























1 comment: