header_newplain

New Found Glory | House of Blues San Diego | Concert Photography


Ten seconds into New Found Glory's set at the House of Blues in San Diego last Friday, I realized that I had never photographed a punk band before. By the end of the third song, I felt like I was 15 years old again. Well, excited and sweaty like a 15 year old at a punk rock show at least. I like going outside my comfort zone and being able to shoot things that I hadn't shot before. Photographing New Found Glory, blazing with excitement over the sold out crowd on the last stop of their Stick and Stones 10 year anniversary tour, was like trying to photograph my 4 and 6 year old on halloween night. Or a group of squirrels drooling at the mouth with rabies. (if you have seen either of those, you will get the analogy.) Their bassist, Ian Grushka, is the greatest human alive to photograph....

Below are some of the images from their performance. 





2 comments:

  1. Fantastic shots Daley. Brings me back looking at those photos. I sure you had a great time. Congratulations to New Found Glory on their 10 yrs together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! yeah, it brought me back too. Last rock show I have been to was Bad Religion like 6 years ago.

      Delete