header_newplain

Mike Pinto Band Killin' the Ocean Beach Street Fair

(Mike Pinto Band drew quite a few people to the main stage....) 

It has been a long time since the wife and I got to check out the OB street fair. When we use to live in OB, children and responsibility free, we would go all the time. Luckily this year we got the grandparents to watch the kids for a night so we could go out. As I have pointed out numerous time, I use to play in a band in Ocean Beach. This was the time Amanda and I met and when we forged unbreakable friendships with so many people. The pace of life sometimes doesn't allow us to catch up with them as much as we would like, but like with any real friendship, the time between seeing each other doesn't seem to matter all that much.

We made it down to the street fair just in time to catch the Mike Pinto Band closing down the main stage. A great way to judge a band it by their crowd. Every time I see these guys the crowds get bigger and bigger. Saturday was no different. Just as they were breaking into their first song the crowd at least doubled in size in a matter of minutes. These just weren't street fair looky loo's either. You couldn't find one person that wasn't dancing, swinging their hands in the air, and singing along. Great song writing and a great group of guys, no one deserves success more the MPB.

 The guy with the mohawk and green glasses. I saw this guy get pulled off the stage and kicked out of the show at least a hand full of time. 
 Tommy Dubs joining MPB for their song "Cool & the Deadly"
 Ron and Jamie. Took this right after they saved the show. hah..its the people behind the scenes that never get the credit right?


The last few shots, I shot them all while crashing through the pit and the dancing while blindly snapping my camera overhead. I wish I would have gotten more, but being 6'5" 240lbs, I ended up picking more people up off the ground than being able to focus on shooting. That and I am completely out of shape. I use to be able to stay in those things for hours. 2 minutes and now I am done. 





No comments:

Post a Comment