header_newplain

Christa Maternity Photos - Orfila Vineyard Escondido

Christa is not only a good friend, but the best kind of client you can ask to work with. She comes with ideas (the vineyard) and a certain look she is aiming for in a shoot, but also lets loose and gives me the time to try some ideas that maybe I normally wouldn't try to pull off. Being able to sit back and develop a shot and just be completely focused on the photography is as rewarding as you can ask as a photographer.

We decided to meet up at the Orfila Vineyard in Escondido. Since neither of us are wine makers we didn't even think of the seasons for the grapes. When I pulled up I noticed that the fields were just sticks and fence post. What I didn't expect was that the shots I think actually came out better without the grapes in full bloom. I am a huge fan of dramatic photography, so the bare vineyard and Christa's awesome chose of clothing for the shoot really came together well.

here are a few shots from the session. I will probably post more for this is just a small sample of the shots we were able to get.
DSC_2409b2
DSC_2551bw_stillwork
DSC_2552b
DSC_2291bw
DSC_2708
DSC_2395bwDSC_2685
DSC_2326

2 comments:

  1. These are SOoOo fabulous! Love all of those textures and the gorgeous light! What a beautiful mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shauna! Thank you! I am actually a fan of your work. Been following your blog since you were the featured photographer on photobiz!

    ReplyDelete