header_newplain

Tim + Kayla | Balboa Park Coronado Engagement Session


This was the hardest session for me to choose which images I wanted to post on the blog. I knew I was going to love photographing Tim and Kayla within seconds of starting this session. I have learned to pose people and whatnot, but it is awesome when two people are just so naturally comfortable with a camera pointed at them. I know "posing" is probably the biggest anxiety driver when couples are thinking of their engagement session. Even the oddest couple is somewhat easy to make look comfortable with the right poses. ( I am including myself in this odd category. Super odd when I am not the one holding the camera.) But, Tim and Kayla are that gem couple that other photographers talk to other photographers about. These are the couples that are all over pinterest and I am sure their images are flooding other photographers inboxes with the "I want to look like this" subject line. Needless to say, I am so looking forward to shooting there wedding this summer.

Below are some images from their engagement session. Tim and Kayla chose a few different areas of San Diego that meant something to their relationship. I cannot say enough how I love that idea. Some of my favorite sessions and photos are from people choosing comfortable environments that mean something to them all over San Diego. If you are working with a photographer and they are against shooting off beat and different locations, I suggest immediately looking to work with someone else.

We started in Balboa Park. This place is huge and I could probably shoot here all day long, but the west side of Balboa Park is my favorite, especially for engagement sessions. The buildings tend to add a little more of a dramatic look and this area of Balboa Park has a bit more character. We then shot some images at Tim's brothers house (those weren't included in the blog) and then off to the beach in Coronado. One of the best sunsets in San Diego, awesome ice plant dunes, and the Hotel Del Coronado as a backdrop....I can't think of a better beach for engagement sessions in San Diego.


No comments:

Post a Comment