header_newplain

Hollywood Half Marathon |theDALEYlife|


A key to a successful blog is to post a lot. I haven't been doing that lately, but hopefully I find the time to change that. This past weekend my wife and I went up to Hollywood for the Hollywood Half Marathon. She has done this race since its start and in its fourth year,  my wife hit her 50th half marathon. That is exactly 665 miles. That equals running from our hometown of Santee, CA to Las Vegas and back. Count in the training runs, 5ks, 10ks, etc and she could have ran all the way to the east coast. Not to pat myself on the back, but I did watch probably 48 of those half marathons. So lets just say I spent at least 96 hours starring at racers saying "Is that her? oh i think that is...oh wait nope..is that her?" hah. I am super proud of her.  I wish I was dedicated enough to reach half the goals she has.

Below are some images from the race. Sometimes I get bored during the races and shoot random things.



Apparently Jesus doesn't need to stretch. 









The Marathon Goddess (http://marathongoddess.com/) Julie Weiss was the two hour pace runner. She was awesome in Spirit of the Marathon 2. I always forget her name when I see her at races and end up just blurting out "Spirit of the Marathon 2!!" haha. Weird guy. 



Spotted another Jesus. His bib, shirt, and football say so. This one was way cooler. 


If anyone has ran a half marathon or been with someone that has, they know the truth behind that sign. I also refuse to use any public restrooms within two miles of a race. 



2 comments: