header_newplain

The Wilkinson Family | Old Poway Park


I met up with the Wilkinson family at Old Poway Park for a family session. I have known Nichole's family as long as I have known my wife. It really is so much easier photographing people you know, especially friendly people that will let their guard down in front of your camera and trust you to capture their family honestly. Some of my favorite photos from this session were the ones in between the smiles. No matter who your photographer is, there is a certain awkwardness about getting your photos taken. I didn't realize this until my family did a session with a photographer friend and I constantly didn't know where to put my hands or if I should be looking at the camera. You can really tell how great a family dynamic is, when they are all cast together into that awkwardness. Some fall a part and I don't tend to post those photos to my blog. (Luckily that rarely happens!) Then others, like the Wilkinson fam, just seem so natural and fun in every position I put them in.

Below are some of the images from their Family session at Old Poway Park.





















No comments:

Post a Comment