header_newplain

The Model Experience | Trujillo ​​Collection | Affection Ink​​ | San Diego, CA





A few weeks ago I got the chance to shoot a fashion show in San Diego featuring designers Arthur Trujillo and Samatha Dial Affection Ink. It is always a pleasure getting to work with people that are dedicated to their craft. They both totally turned my thoughts of "those LA fashion types" completely around. 

The posed images were shot in the most insanely small area of space behind the stage of the show. On top of the small space, the floor was also uneven...as in it was composed of 3 large steps. It is times like these that knowing your gear is extremely crucial. There was no time to guess on what to do. You just have to make up your mind, do it, and roll with the challenges and the outcome. All the while making sure that everyone you are working with has no idea you are actually freaking out behind that smile.


I used a 48" octobox softbox camera right and at a slight angle towards the subjects [I actually moved the larger softbox over more to the right than what is shown in the image] and a smaller long rectangle softbox immediately left of the subjects. I shot one test image before I had the models already lined up and needing to be photographed before they walked out, so I was pleased with how the images turned out. 








No comments:

Post a Comment