header_newplain

Nick Holly and Ella

I have known Nick and Holly since I was thirteen years old (or about that. I think. I am getting old and my memory isn't all that great) Nick saved me from liking shitty music (what 14 year old ever owned a Husker Du album?) , turned me on to Jack's Naturally Rising cheese pizza's (which are still the shit, but kraft doesn't sell them in SoCal) taught me that the old record shop downtown above the furniture store was way cooler than the one in the mall, was the first person I ever got drunk with (icehouse, backpack, Destin, FL..hah) and was my first band mate (FMSH!)  Nick, Holly, myself and a few other friends were in our own little crew.

Like with a lot of friends when growing up you kind of go separate ways here and there, but we still have always had that tie to a time in our life's where were just trying to figure out who we were. Fortunately Nick and Holly didn't go their separate ways, but grew closer together and married. It seems like ages ago that we would all layout on the trampoline in Holly's backyard without a care in the world. But here we are some 15+ years later all living in San Diego, CA starting our own families. It will only be a matter of time before our kids first basement show.

Below are a few photos from our session introducing little Ella. I thought the first photo was perfect. Baby sleeping. Dad in a Bad Brains t-shirt. What is cool about Nick is that this photo could have been taken 15 years in the past or in the future and he would still be rocking Bad Brains.
DSC_8584bw
DSC_8631
ella
DSC_8622
DSC_8860
DSC_8691
DSC_8756bw
DSC_8731

No comments:

Post a Comment