header_newplain

The Clyde Family | Family Photography | Sweetwater River Historic Bridge El Cajon, CA


I used to live really close to the Sweetwater River Historic Bridge in El Cajon, Ca. I remember driving by it and my wife saying I should try shooting there. That was maybe four years ago and I still hadn't ever shot there. Or even got out of the car to check it out. When Christine hit up my email about doing her session there, I was reminded that this place even existed. This spot is a hidden gem for photographers. Well, maybe more know about it and I am late to the party, but I love shooting here. The overgrown trees stretching over the old iron bridge reminded me of the movie Great Expectations. You walk to the far side and it opens up to a field and trails. I was even going to venture under the bridge, but after almost walking into the web of the biggest spider I have ever scene in my life (I swear it looked me in the eyes) I changed my mind.

I was really happy I got to shoot here for the first time with Christine and her family. Her kids have no problem being themselves infront of the camera. And I love that. It is why I shoot a million photos of my own kids. Only for a small window of time can we capture their young and abundant personality and innocence. They will soon get to an age where you can't put them on your shoulders. Or it will look weird if they are running around like crazy people. There will be a time when they do their own things and only depend on you for gas money and clothes. Luckily we can look back on photographs and remember how we were all once a traveling band of crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment