header_newplain

A Navy Homecoming

I have been wanting to photograph a military homecoming for quite some time. I had seen images in magazines and newspapers of military send off's and welcome homes and the photos had so much emotion to them that I really wanted to shoot some myself. One of (if not THE ONE) reason I love photography so much is that is freezes moments in time that are remembered forever. Good photography is timeless.

Besides the photography aspect of it, I am the proud son of a Vietnam Marine Corps veteran. What our fellow brothers and sisters do with their lives to protect those of others goes beyond words.











What is even more cool about this homecoming is that when he last saw his son he was only 4 weeks old. Anyone that is a parent knows how hard that would be and how much changes from 4 weeks to almost a year old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment