header_newplain

How to Create Better Black & White Images in Photoshop


I am a huge fan of black and white photography. If my clients would allow it, I would shoot everything in black and white. Since I tend to notice black and white photography more than anything, I also see a tendency for photographers just starting out with digital photography to not process their images to the full capabilities that can be met with post production software such as Photoshop. Besides Photoshop, I also use a Photoshop plugin called Nik Silver EFex Pro 2. If you are a fan of BW photography, I suggest you check it out.....especially so if you like to replicate the look of black & white film. (Get a free 15 day trial here!


Ok...that all being said, I wanted to show some simple steps in Photoshop that you can use to make your black and white images show more depth and not look as flat.


Click READ MORE to see the Full Tutorial











Feel free to download the Photoshop file HERE to mess around with or follow along on your own computer. Don't have Photoshop? Download a FREE version of the new CS6 HERE






Have any questions? Want to share your Black and White converted photo? Share your Photoshop process? Hit up the comments below or you can shoot me a message on facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment