header_newplain

The One and Only FISHBONE @ Underground Arts - Philadelphia, PA


Last week, I was on the east coast doing work on a separate project and got a surprise out of nowhere. Walking down the hallway to my hotel room I was thrown off guard for Norwood Fisher was checking into the room next to mine. I am sure I looked like a huge idiot when I made the triple take to make sure it was who I thought it was before extending my hand and professing my love for Fishbone. When I got into my room I immediately shot an email to their management to see if I could get a photo pass for the show and within minutes I had my reply that I was ok'd to shoot the show and I would be on their guest list. It is crazy how things work out sometimes. Too add to the coolness of the show, when I arrived at the door I noticed that mine name and HR from Bad Brains were next to each other. Stupid and pointless, but for someone who grew up on Fishbone and Bad Brains, I was a little more than stoked.

The first time I saw Fishbone live was the Warper Tour in like 96' or 97'. The show sticks out in my mind cause Angelo Moore took the wireless mic and ran around the entire amphitheater in St. Louis singing the last few songs of their set. Looking back at it now that had to be a good mile he ran while singing and being chased by sweaty teenagers. Fast forward 15 or so years and here I am seeing them perform again in a basement venue in Philly. They came out with as much energy for their Wednesday night show in Philly as they did ending their set 15 years ago surrounded by 10,000 people. This is why I love Fishbone. Here are a few images from the show.


7 comments:

  1. I See WALTER!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANGELO!!! A knee brace? Man...that stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't notice the knee brace until I was editing the images. He has to have put his body through more than what a pro athlete has. Didn't seem to both bother him during the performance at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He had knee surgery recently as I've read. Unfortunately had to cancel the European tour dates they had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.s. I have some video of there Toronto show recently. Check out my YouTube cagnew79 and please comment. Video was just taken with my cell phone (Motorola RAZR) didn't turn out too bad I think.

      Delete
  5. I met a guy in DTLA who claimed to be ya'lls sax player......his name was bryan but he goes by fish. True or not true? I dont see him in thepics.

    ReplyDelete