header_newplain

Ian + Ratha | Wedding Anniversary Torrey Pines and Scripps Seaside Forum | La Jolla San Diego CA

I had been talking to Ratha off and on for a few months about setting up an Anniversary shoot or a trash the dress shoot. A few weeks ago we finally got to knock out a date where they were free and the weather was a little better out (I know how bad that may sound since this is San Diego and all hah) Ok, so this shoot was something special. I am pretty sure not too many photographers get to link back up with a wedding couple to shoot Anniversary photos...with the bride ROCKIN' her wedding dress and Ian all set to do it again in his suit. As we were walking the trails of Torrey Pines, people would walk by and say their congratulations. They told me they went out to their anniversary dressed the same way. Seriously. How badass is that?

Sometimes at the end of weddings, I get a little bummed out knowing that I most likely really wont see the couple again. As wedding photographers, we get to jump in on one of the best moments of peoples lives. We get to know what makes them laugh. We learn how they met and how they fell in love. And then as the DJ is bumping "I'm sexy and I know it," we say our goodbyes. This was very true with Ian and Ratha's wedding. They are such honest and funny and genuine people, that in giving hugs goodbye, I really wanted to tell them how lucky I was to be able to be there to capture that day for them. I am sure it sounds cliche' for photographers to say that. I know I have read it in a million photography blogs. But it is said so much because it is true. And, at least speaking for myself, I don't take a moment of it for granted. All the great things that will come to Ian and Ratha will do so because of their huge hearts and friendship.

OK. Getting that out of the way. Ian and Ratha wanted to do a session that represented them as a couple. Being super adventurous, we hit up the trails at Torrey Pines and then headed down to the venue where they were married one year ago, Scripps Seaside Forum. If you haven't had a chance to check out Scripps Seaside forums before, it is probably one of the coolest venues in San Diego. Super rad architecture and the beach is just steps away.

If you want you can check out their wedding post here first: Ian Ratha Wedding
















































No comments:

Post a Comment