header_newplain

The Dzama Boys - Coronado Tidelands Park Family Photography


The Dzama boys....they should be models. Which was funny to their parents when I told them how easy they are to photograph, for just an hour before they weren't cooperating as well. In one of the images below, they are posing on some of the rocks by the sand. That pose? All them. That was their position when I simply asked "hey guys, can I take a couple photos of you two on the rocks?" BAM. perfect. 

I could have photographed these two for hours upon hours, and probably would have pushed my limits if it wasn't for the storm developing over our heads the entire shoot. While we were waiting to meet up, the storm was getting closer and the sky was getting darker. I could feel the sky was about to open up with rain and the wind was already kicking in, I was praying for just a few moments to shoot before we had to run for cover. Luckily, we got in a good solid 30 to 45 minutes before that happened. The storm clouds created this awesome light as soon as we began to shoot, allowing for the sun to be defused over the top of a dark blue rain cloud. 

These images were taken at Tidelands Park in Coronado, CA . I love this location because the light seems to always be great. Plus the Coronado bridge as well as downtown San Diego are all in view and easily make the background of your images. It also offers a small beach area with these multi-color row boats as well as a large green park area and playground. Below are some images from the session. 






2 comments:

  1. Outstanding photography. Cloudy skies, but it works...It adds to the mood I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Leon!!! thanks man, appreciate that a lot.

      Delete